Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Day Spent with Food Magazines

I subscribe to so many food magazines it's embarassing.  I still miss my beloved Gourmet magazine and received Bon Appetit in it's place when it folded.  I, generally, am unhappy with Bon Appetit, not finding much that I want to cook from the pages and finding the food essays to be lacking - until this month when I opened the latest magazine.

On it's pages I read a fantastic article about hunting Wild Boar on the Big Island of Hawaii and I found a recipe for Brown Butter Brownies.  I read the recipe and decided that this recipe had to be made today so off to the kitchen I went.  Turned on some music, measured my ingredients out (mise en place) and started to melt the butter to it's nutty brown goodness.  Start to finish I think this recipe took me 15 minutes total of prep time (and I might be being generous here) before I popped them into a preheated oven.  I did have to add about 15 minutes onto the total baking time but the end result is a pan of fabulous, life changing brownies.

Not wanting to get into trouble for posting a recipe without permission I will point you towards the latest copy of Bon Appetit - a picture of the brownies is on the front cover.  You will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment